We encourage the children to use technology, where possible, as part of their everyday learning, not only in Maths and Science but in other subjects too.
Here are a few examples of how the children have used technology throughout the year.
- All classes have had computer lessons with Rudi throughout this year, each class has learned age appropriate computer skills, including how to research a topic online, create a Word document, create a PowerPoint presentation, use formulae and input data in Excel and basic html coding.
- Using technology to access information for Science topics e.g. researching information on animals for projects, bridges/planes/boats for our engineering projects.
- Using technology to record and analyse data collected during investigations
- Fourth Class used the Irish Computer Society Scratch Programme to learn the basics of coding.
- Using PowerPoint to create a presentation as part of our project work during the year.
- Fourth Class recorded themselves making short presentations about their Circuits projects to share on their class blog.