We have added this page to our website so you can find information from Ms. Sadlier, extra work links and ideas and any other bits that we think might be useful while schools are closed. The work for each class will still be posted under the classes tab. We will be adding items regularly for you to have a look through.
- June 23rd Our Sports Week Gallery is now complete so have a look HERE and see the great photos that we received. Well done to everyone for getting out and staying active!
- June 16th : Our Green/Great Outdoors Gallery is HERE for you to view so have a look at all the wonderful photos that were sent in from the children’s explorations.
- June 15th is Our Sports Week and Ms.Sunderland has put together a padlet with daily ideas to keep you active while having fun! You can scroll down at the side of each day to see suggested activities and she has also included and extra column of other fun things that you and your family might like to try. Check it out here and have fun! Don’t forget to email your favourite picture from the week to your teacher.
- June 8th It’s Great Outdoors/Science Week so this week we are asking you to get outside and have a good look around your local environment. Hit the beach, the woods, the garden or wherever is close to you and take a good look at whats lurking beneath those rocks and logs or whats hiding under leaves, flowers etc. You never know what you might find. Then write about, photograph or make something nature related and send a photo of it to your class teacher for our gallery. Most importantly, have fun outdoors!
- Don’t forget to check out the school padlet which has links to lots of great resources that you may find helpful. Some new resources have been added by Ms.Sadlier for our Well Being week so have a look here.
- June 3rd MasterChef Tara Hill 2020 showed us all what talented cooks we have in our school. Well done to everyone who sent in recipes, baked and tasted😀 all the delicious dishes last week. You did an amazing job and we only wish we could have tasted them all! Why not have a look through our “MasterChef 2020” gallery here. It’s sure to make your mouth water!
- Well done to our budding artists and thank you for sending in your beautiful art work for our “Virtual Gallery”. You can view your work here, so have a look through all the amazing pieces we received.
- 22nd May Next week it’s time to bake up a storm for our “Tara Hill Masterchef ” week. Get cooking and send a picture of your tasty creation to your teacher by Friday 29th with your name and class in front of your dish so we can display them in our “Masterchef Gallery”.
- 20th May We know that it is hard for everyone not being in school at the moment and the staff are missing you all so much. We wanted to let you know this so click here to see a message from us all.
11th May – Get your creative minds thinking and your paper at the ready. Next week we are asking all our pupils to get involved in our “Virtual Art Week” by creating your own piece of art to submit for display in our “Virtual Art Gallery”. You can use any art material you like – paint, pencil, chalk, crayons, markers, fabric, clay, or construct a piece of art – the choice is yours! Just send your photo your class teacher by May 22nd.
- 4th May – Letter to parents from Ms.Sadlier https://tinyurl.com/Principals-letter-4th-April
- New link for some really nice activities https://tinyurl.com/130-activities
- offer free information, advice and resources to help parents, teachers and students address internet safety issues and this link is for a really useful resource https://www.webwise.ie/parents/ – Parents Guide To A Better Internet
- Link to padlet created by Ms.Sadlier with lots of useful, free websites:
- Link to folder with a variety of fun activities: https://tinyurl.com/TaraHillNS
- Letter from Principal with Assembly Video Link 3rd April 2020;
ST. KEVIN’S NATIONAL SCHOOL
Telephone: (053) 9420321/(086)6038817
C.R.A. Number: 20202077 Website: www.tarahillns.ie School Roll Number: 17235V
3rd April 2020
I hope you are all keeping well and staying safe. The school today begins the Easter break. Teachers will not be setting additional work for the holidays. It is important that the children take a break at this challenging time. There has been a lot of change and readjustment in their lives of late and that will take some processing time. Some families have expressed a desire to continue in a newly established routine. You know your family best and you will know the best approach to take with your child/ren.
I have curated a series of resources which you might find useful. None of this is compulsory work, it’s merely there for you to dip in and out of as the need arises or as you might wish. It is not intended to put pressure on any family, rather the hope is the opposite, that you have material at your fingertips, a go-to bank of resources. I am limited in the number of attachments I can upload per email so additional emails with attachments will follow.
I am attaching to this email a link to a You Tube video of today’s assembly. It’s a little different to what we are used to in Tara Hill NS but we are all finding new ways of doing things! This video is intended for the school community only and I would very much appreciate if it stayed in this circle please! https://youtu.be/nyfd2J8k60U
I am also asking parents for another favour if possible. As you know, at the beginning of each month the school issues a Monthly Newsletter. In its usual form that is not possible at the moment. However, in the likely event of further school closures, I would like if we could instead circulate a Positivity Newsletter via Aladdin and so would appreciate if parents might send on “news” of achievements (nothing is too small!)…riding a bike, tying shoelaces, achieving an online challenge, successful baking etc. Anything you or your child/ren think is worth celebrating and that they would like to share with the rest of their school friends. Please send this on to email@example.com clearly marking it NEWSLETTER in the subject line. Your help on this would be most appreciated.
Finally, I would like to thank you all for your help and understanding at this time and also for the appreciative and supportive messages that we have received. On behalf of the entire school staff I would like to wish you and your family a safe and happy Easter.
Mise le Meas,