We have added this page to our website so you can find information from Ms. Sadlier, extra work links and ideas and any other bits that we think might be useful while schools are closed. The work for each class will still be posted under the classes tab. We will be adding items regularly for you to have a look through.
- 22nd May Next week it’s time to bake up a storm for our “Tara Hill Masterchef ” week. Get cooking and send a picture of your tasty creation to your teacher by Friday 29th with your name and class in front of your dish so we can display them in our “Masterchef Gallery”.
- 20th May We know that it is hard for everyone not being in school at the moment and the staff are missing you all so much. We wanted to let you know this so click here to see a message from us all.
11th May – Get your creative minds thinking and your paper at the ready. Next week we are asking all our pupils to get involved in our “Virtual Art Week” by creating your own piece of art to submit for display in our “Virtual Art Gallery”. You can use any art material you like – paint, pencil, chalk, crayons, markers, fabric, clay, or construct a piece of art – the choice is yours! Just send your photo your class teacher by May 22nd.
- 4th May – Letter to parents from Ms.Sadlier https://tinyurl.com/Principals-letter-4th-April
- 3rd class links for ukulele from Diarmuid Comerford
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMUj2cniygE&t=1s – tuning your ukulele
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5um7bDVBC3A – Don’t worry, be happy🙂
- New link for some really nice activities https://tinyurl.com/130-activities
- offer free information, advice and resources to help parents, teachers and students address internet safety issues and this link is for a really useful resource https://www.webwise.ie/parents/ – Parents Guide To A Better Internet
- Link to padlet created by Ms.Sadlier with lots of useful, free websites:
- Link to folder with a variety of fun activities: https://tinyurl.com/TaraHillNS
- Letter from Principal with Assembly Video Link 3rd April 2020;
ST. KEVIN’S NATIONAL SCHOOL
Telephone: (053) 9420321/(086)6038817
C.R.A. Number: 20202077 Website: www.tarahillns.ie School Roll Number: 17235V
3rd April 2020
I hope you are all keeping well and staying safe. The school today begins the Easter break. Teachers will not be setting additional work for the holidays. It is important that the children take a break at this challenging time. There has been a lot of change and readjustment in their lives of late and that will take some processing time. Some families have expressed a desire to continue in a newly established routine. You know your family best and you will know the best approach to take with your child/ren.
I have curated a series of resources which you might find useful. None of this is compulsory work, it’s merely there for you to dip in and out of as the need arises or as you might wish. It is not intended to put pressure on any family, rather the hope is the opposite, that you have material at your fingertips, a go-to bank of resources. I am limited in the number of attachments I can upload per email so additional emails with attachments will follow.
I am attaching to this email a link to a You Tube video of today’s assembly. It’s a little different to what we are used to in Tara Hill NS but we are all finding new ways of doing things! This video is intended for the school community only and I would very much appreciate if it stayed in this circle please! https://youtu.be/nyfd2J8k60U
I am also asking parents for another favour if possible. As you know, at the beginning of each month the school issues a Monthly Newsletter. In its usual form that is not possible at the moment. However, in the likely event of further school closures, I would like if we could instead circulate a Positivity Newsletter via Aladdin and so would appreciate if parents might send on “news” of achievements (nothing is too small!)…riding a bike, tying shoelaces, achieving an online challenge, successful baking etc. Anything you or your child/ren think is worth celebrating and that they would like to share with the rest of their school friends. Please send this on to email@example.com clearly marking it NEWSLETTER in the subject line. Your help on this would be most appreciated.
Finally, I would like to thank you all for your help and understanding at this time and also for the appreciative and supportive messages that we have received. On behalf of the entire school staff I would like to wish you and your family a safe and happy Easter.
Mise le Meas,