Please find below the link for the new work suggestions for March 30th -3rd April
Suggestions for suitable work to be completed in the event of Emergency school closures
- Revise Jolly phonics
- Revise/Finish all work in their folders and use these pages to begin a conversation.
- Practice correct formation of letters and numbers
- Write CVC words and draw pictures of them.
- Write their own simple sentences and draw a picture
- Read to your child and ask them questions about the story.
- Continue to cut, colour, paste, play with playdoh, make jigsaws etc.with your child.
- Practice number formation 1-5 and number rhymes
- Practice adding numbers 0-5
- Twinkl is a great site for lots of really good resources and they are offering free access for 1 month due to school closures which is brilliant.
- Special Education Team work links below also.
Some useful websites:
- http://www.topmarks.co.uk/ – thousands of quality resources,click on the early years
- http://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/home/reading-owl/find-a-book/library-page#– A fantastic site for e reading. You will have to register to gain access to the e books. Well worth the effort.
- http://www.familylearning.org.uk/phonics_games.html – Links to phonics games
- http://www.starfall.com/ – lots of games and reading activities based on abc’s and simple words (Learn to Read)
- http://www.bbc.co.uk/cbeebies/ – lots of fun games, stories and art activities
- http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/ a great website with loads of links to games and activities for all subjects
- http://www.communication4all.co.uk/http/PhonicsWeb.htm – Jolly phonics cards for matching, lotto game, letter formation worksheets
- http://www.first-school.ws/preschool/printable-activities/index.htm – Worksheets, colouring pages, games based on different themes that can be printed
Special Education Team – Emergency Work
Below are some really useful websites to have a look at:
www.readingbear.org – phonics
www.sightwords.com – good for sightwords
www.oxfordowl.co.uk – ebook library and other bits