4th Class Work Suggestions March 30th- April 3rd
I hope you are all keeping well.
Below are the new work suggestions for the week ahead.
- Spellings Made Fun- Move on to do one list of spellings each week and complete the activities over 4 days, children are used to this process. Spellings can also be put into sentences in English Hardbacks or look up each word in dictionary.
- Exercise your English: Complete the following Work; Unit 8 Revision pg. 46 Dictionary Skills, pg. 47 Phonics and pg. 48 Grammar
- Go with the Flow: Complete a page of cursive handwriting each day.
- Reading; using children’s own books or from books online, read the chapters and write a summary on the chapter. When book is finished write a quiz based on the book in English Hardback.
- Free Writing Copies: Choose one this week
- If I won the lotto I would…
- One of my favourite memories is.
- Write a shopping list and estimate how much each item will cost.
- Watch and listen to TG4 for 10 minutes daily.
- Revise all vocabulary and phrases in Gaeilge hardback. Parents can call out words or phrases in English and children have to call out the same in Irish.
- Read back through all stories completed in each Chapter Mé Féin, Bia, Sa Bhaile, An Scoil, Siopadóireacht agus Éadaí.
- Maths Mate: ‘In Your Head’ sections complete one a week. Complete pgs. 36 and 41 on Length.
- Tables Champion: Complete a new week, 4 days in a week, children are used to this pattern.
- Complete Daily 10 mental Maths Challenge on https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/daily10
- Cracking Maths: Complete Chapter on 2d shapes beginning on pg. 125.
- Continue to work on project about China from the following areas: Beijing, Gobi Desert, Yellow River, Hong Kong, Mount Everest or the Great Wall of China. If you have completed this on one or more area, I would suggest you research some of the other areas and add them to your project.
- Look at and research Life in Medieval Ireland and record information in SESE Hardbacks under the following headings: Timelines, Location, Homes, Food, Culture/ Beliefs and any other interesting facts.
- Small World: Revise the chapter on Magnets unit 14 Page 83.
- Grow in Love Pupil Book- move on to theme 6. Read through with your child and discuss the information with them. Move on accordingly each week in book.
Attitude of Gratitude:
- I’m grateful for ……..
- Think about all of the things you are lucky to have.
- Think about family, friends, your home, school, pets or nature.
- Draw 4 small pictures of things you are thankful for.
- Revise Sea Shanty “Fall Down Billy O’Shea- this is a great song to get the whole family involved.
- Children can experiment with different art ideas from going online and following instructions or simply using their imagination and the materials they have available to them to create their own masterpieces.
Some useful websites for the children to explore:
- All sorts of engaging educational videos for Kids
- Free Science lessons
Awesome printable resources for kids
If you have any questions or want to send me some pictures of their work , you can contact me on Ms.Murphy’s school email this week email@example.com.
Please also see below suggested resources from the SET – Special Education Team
If you have any questions you can contact us on our school emails – firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
- https://ncse.ie/online-resources- for Fine/ Gross Motor skills, Speech therapy and SEN.
- https://www.readingrockets.org -for Literacy, Dyslexia, Emotional Regulation, Story telling, Vocabulary and Writing etc..
- Hairy Phonics- free app
- Social Story for children re Covid-19
Covid 19- I Can Help by Carol Grey from ncse.ie
- Book Creator app
- Twinkl for SEN
4th Class Emergency Closure Work March 12th
Spellings Made Fun pg’s, 50- 53 list 22 and 23 and complete activities over two week period. Put each word into a sentence in your Free Writing copy. Dictionary work- look up the meaning of the words on your spelling list.
Daily reading and writing book reports in free writing copies.
Exercise your English pg 66- Explanation writing. Choosing a scientific question and finding an explanation for it.
Complete Free writing using own imagination. Some ideas:
- A cozy spot at home.
- A day at the beach.
- A day in the desert.
- A funny time in my family.
- A great day with a friend.
- A great place to go.
- A great treehouse.
- A helpful person I have met.
Tables Champion: complete pg’s 32 and 33 week 23 and 24 over two-week period.
Maths Mate: pg’s 31 and 32 Patterns.
Maths Mate: Complete any “In your head” pages of topics we have covered previously.
Revise All foclóir from topics covered previously in Gaeilge hardback.
Complete a project on one or more of the following areas in China:
Beijing, Gobi Desert, Yellow River, Hong Kong, Mount Everest, Great Wall of China. – To be completed in scrapbook, should take at least 5 pages of scrapbook.
- Write a daily weather report.
- Write a newspaper article on the Coronavirus in Ireland.
- Write a daily Schedule of how you help around the house. Documenting jobs completed.
- Remember to practice sitting in silence with your positive thoughts for 10 minutes each day with no screens or distractions of any kind.
- Twinkl is a great site for lots of really good resources and they are offering free access for 1 month due to school closures which is brilliant.
Special Education Team work links below also
Some Useful Websites:
http://www.primaryhomeworkhelp.co.uk/ – great site for lots of subject areas and topics
https://www.topmarks.co.uk great games for a variety of subject areas (You’ll find Hit the Button here)
https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/home/reading-owl/find-a-book/library-page a good resource with a free ebook library – if you are running out of books at home!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize – lots of fun games and activities
Special Education Team – Emergency Work
Below are some really useful websites that you might like to have a look at:
www.readingbear.org – phonics
www.sightwords.com – good for sightwords
www.oxfordowl.co.uk – ebook library and other bits